1 1/2 cups pecan halves, chopped
1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 375°F
2. Bake crust in preheated oven 5 minutes.
3. Remove to rack and cool completely before filling.
4. Sprinkle the pecans evenly on the bottom of the cooled pie shell and set aside.
5. Beat softened butter, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
6. Add in cocoa and salt and espresso powder
7. Add eggs in one at a time, beating after each addition, until smooth.
8. Pour in corn syrup and mix until thick and custard-like.
9. Pour mixture over pecans in pie shell.
10. Let stand 5 minutes; clear any remaining air bubbles by running a fork though.
11. Bake in oven for 45-55min or until edges pie center still only gives slightly.
12. Remove from oven
13. Cool on rack before serving (apx. 15min).