Follow up post to my fondue party!
For those of us that don't have a double-boiler, a very basic chocolate fondue, the college way aka microwave style.
2 pints of Strawberries
Pretzels rods (especially good with toasted coconut)
Potato Chips, ridged
2 cups (12-oz pkg.) of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup of heavy cream
2 tbsp of butter
1. Put all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
3. Microwave on at high power for about 1 minute.
4. Take out and stir (it will look lumpy but keep stirring)*.
5. Put it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
6. Stir until smooth (if it still looks lumpy put it in the microwave for another 20)*
7. Set the pot over a candle or canned heat and serve hot with dipping items.
(Optional) Pour into cute ceramic hershey kiss fondue warmer
*all microwaves are different, it's best to make to microwave less as chocolate burns easily and milk forms a film if over heated
Additional ingredients you could add are 2 tbsp of Cognac, liqueur, or brandy.
I also love using some of this sauce for sundaes!