I love christmas! Christmas cookies are part of that added bonus of the holiday season. It's even better when you do Christmas in July.
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 cups white sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoons white sugar
colorful sugar sprinkles
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cream together butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Sift in the flour, soda and salt.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients, then shape into 1-inch balls.
5. Roll balls in colorful sugar sprinkles.
6. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
7. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly golden.
8. Remove immediately from baking sheets onto wired rack to cool.
9. Frost and top with more sprinkles.