An easy cheese fondue with a sauce pan.
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp of dry mustard
1/2 tsp of nutmeg
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of cornstarch
1tbsp of lemon juice
1 cup of white wine, dry
1/2 lb of Gruyere Cheese*, Shredded
1/2 lb of Swiss Cheese*, Shredded
Bread Cubes, preferably day old
Broccoli/Celery, Crispy or Blanched
Potato Wedges, roasted
Button Mushrooms, roasted
1. Put cheese and cornstarch in a bowl or large plastic bag, toss to coat. Set aside until ready to use.
2. Bring wine, lemon and garlic to a simmer in saucepan over medium heat.
3. Slowly add in cheese while continuously stirring to prevent clumping.
4. Add the spices* stir well and cook stirring until the mixture is smooth (3-5 mins)
5. Set the pot over a candle or canned heat and serve hot with dipping items.
*add spices to taste